In this tutorial you will see an example of the many ways that you can use Mograph fracture.
How to Fracture Text.
1. Create your text using the Spine Text.
2. Add an Extrude, on the object properties set the movement to "0" on all the three spaces.
3. Convert you text in to an editable object.
4. Select the Edges on the text and right like to select the knife tool.
5. Cut your text to the shape you want the it to fracture.
6. Then choose Polygon for the text.
7. Go to selection and choose "select all"
8. Then go to Functions and select "Disconnect" and uncheck preserve groups.
9. Then Choose the mograph-Fracture, and drag the text under fracture.
10. Then on the object properties select the mode to "explode segments"
11. Select Mographs "random effector and shader effector".
12. Select fracture and click on the effectors tab, then drag both the random and shader effectors.
13. Now on the effectors porperties, click on the falloff tab. Set the falloff Shape to "Box"
14. On the view port make sure that you size the boxes according to the size of your text.
15. Then animate both Boxes from how ever you want.... the rest is just tweeking. (view video)